What an exciting week to see 33 blocks have been purchased this week. WOW. You guys are AWESOME! Thank you for supporting our ministry! Check out the thermometer on the Ministry Support page for the updates.
We want to thank everyone for all the encouraging notes and comments on the new house. Take a look at the fundraising thermometer on the Ministry Support page to see what has changed. Thank you to all who are giving and plan to give. We can't do this without you. If you have questions about the giving, contact us now. We would LOVE to discuss everything with you.
YOU FOUND US! So lets begin. (Be sure to read #3)
In 2014 we began praying how we could improve not only our ministry, but our financial support as well. In ministry, financial support is one of the hardest things to raise. You are constantly working on raising funds and it can easily consume most of your time. So here are some ways we are planning new steps for 2016.
1. New website for information. We wanted to keep you all updated as much as possible on what was happening in Swaziland. Just producing a newsletter from time to time didn't seem to attract the readers and give enough information when needed. So we developed this site so that you can come to it daily or whenever you need info on all things for our ministry.
2. We're coming home! From July - August 20th we'll be visiting the USA again to reconnect with donors, friends, and family. To us, each and everyone one of you are important to why we are here ministering to the children. We not only want to see you in person, but share personal stories with you on how you blessed us in the field. If you would like for us to speak in your church, please begin contacting us now on how we can make that happen. Email or private message us for details.
3. IT'S THE BIGGIE! After much prayer and listening to God's direction...we are going to build a house! I know it's not as big as some of you were expecting, but it's big to us. We've had friends expecting baby news, adoption news, and even some weird news, but that's the big news. It allows us to not only lower our financial support by over 20%, but allows us to go deeper in the ministry that God has called us to. We have shared the news with our parents and even watched Justin's parents cry at the excitement and joy of the new plans when they visited in November.
At the beginning of 2015 we secured the land with the blessings of a local chief. After many sit down meetings and buying him a cow as to say "thank you", we were proud owners of a very fertile land section. With this land we will be able to farm, raise chickens, cows, and have many gardens to help with support as well. This will allow us to move to a better sustainability position as missionaries.
So I know by now you are asking the question..."What does that have to do with us?"
Well it's simple and here is how.
To be able to raise the needed funds to build the house we need your help. We need to raise $45,000 to build a nice functional house to live in. This is how you can help.
BUY A BLOCK!
It's that simple!
Cost of a block: $25 per block (1800 blocks needed) $45,000 project
Who can purchase: Anyone can purchase.
*Small group or Sunday School project
*No one is excluded from buying a block
Ways to purchase a block:
1. Click on Ministry Support icon on this website to follow online instructions. Each donation is tax deductible.
2. Contact us by visiting our Contact icon on this website. Our emails are listed for any questions you may have on how you can give.
3. Involve your church. Make this a giving opportunity for your church to get involved to help support missionaries. If your church would like to make this a special project, contact us on how we can provide more info or details.
4. You may give through the mail.
Make check payable to: Children's Cup (put CARSON HOUSE on memo line or on a note)
PO Box 400
Prairieville, LA 70769
Special Note: For every person or group who gives, a card with your name will be placed in the corner stone of the house. We believe that it's your giving and support that helps build this foundation of new ministry.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.